What Is It?
A paper / photo / postcard / mail / notecard / art holder that can:
- Be used with 1 hand (allowing higher placement on the wall)
- Accommodate a considerable variety of paper thicknesses (and stacks of papers)
How’s it work?
- Bearings & Magnets hold the paper tight
- Rope keeps the bearings from falling on your head.
- Wood holds the magnets
- Wood clamps the tensioned rope to the wall.
Want a How-To?
- Wood: Minimum: 3″ x 30″, and 3/4″ thick (thicker will work better)
- Hemp/Jute Rope 8mm
- 608-2RS Ball Bearings
- Ceramic Magnets (18×4)
- Hemp/Jute Rope
- Hot Melt Glue (BLACK)
- 18mm Forstner Bit (a set just in case…)
- Round Nose Router Bit
- Dremel Carbide Carving Attachment
Possible Extras (per references if you need them)
- Makita Random Orbit Sander
- Small Combination Square
- Bearing Balls (assorted)
- Neodymium Magnets – Multi-Pack
- (small) Drill Press
- Ceramic Magnets (18×3) –for a lighter hold
These are affiliate links. Read my stance on them here: https://www.keithstestgarage.com/affiliate-usage/
See the last few minutes of this video where I show various amazing ad-hoc uses for the magnet/ball combo.